Vision & Mission
Coaching is an integral part of a thriving society and every ICF Member represents the highest quality of professional coaching.
ICF exists to lead the global advancement of the coaching profession.
A Short Summary of ICF Malaysia Chapter
International Coach Federation is the accrediting body for Coaches and Coach Training Programs. ICF sets very high standards in competencies so certified Coaches can deliver their services with quality. There are about 25,000 Coaches around the world who are credentialed by ICF.
ICF Malaysia Chapter was formed as a non-profit organization, to officially represent ICF in Malaysia. We support registered members by organizing monthly professional development programs such as Live Webinars and Workshops.
Each year, we hold the International Coaching Week to reach out to the general public on the benefits of coaching. This is an awareness program where we worked closely with corporations, non profits, communities and educational institutions.
We have progressed even further. In 2017, we successfully held the first International Coaching & Learning Conference in Putrajaya, the capital city of Malaysia. The next one will be in 2019. This conference is biennial.
ICF Malaysia Chapter is hoping to serve all coaches and the public with enthusiasm and professionalism.
ICF Malaysia Chapter Leadership
- March 19, 2002 – Chapter formation agreement by Founding President Dr. Michael Heah and members
- 2005-2006 – Ms. Jennifer Low as the 2nd President
- 2007-2008 – Mr. Wai K Leong served as the 3rd President
- 6 May 2008 – A revised chapter formation agreement was signed between Mr. Wai K. Leong and the Executive Director of the Global ICF. ICF Malaysia given the rights to use the ICF logo.
- 2009-2010 – Mr. Wai K. Leong remained Chapter President
- 2010-2011 – Ms. Frances Penafort served as Chapter President
- 2012-2013 – Ms. Tessie Lim served as President
- 2014 – Mr Wai K Leong was re-elected as Chapter President but have to vacate late 2014 when he came on board ICF Global as a Director
- 2015 – 2016 – Ms Florence Lam served as President
- 2016-2018 – Mr Sam Kurian served as President
- 2018-2020 – Mr Jeff Cheah served as President
- 2020-2022 – Ms. Grace Lee is the current President