ICF Malaysia welcomes progressive, creative, educational, and diverse speakers and programs for our members.
We are interested in topics focused on:
- ICF Core Coaching Competencies (Please click here for information on the ICF’s Eleven Core Competencies to see if your content is a fit for our organization)
- Coaching tools and skills.
- Coaching business development and marketing.
- Personal and professional development of the coach.
Our ideal speaker:
- The speaker is an effective and dynamic presenter who engages audience interest while sharing informative and thought-provoking concepts.
- Speaker is both facilitator as well as presenter.
- Our expectation is that the speaker understands how to deliver their points with simplicity as well as answer questions with ease while staying on topic.
- Preference will be given to speakers who can meet the requirements of ICF for Coach Continuing Education Units (CCEU).
Guidelines and criteria:
- The speaker’s topic must fit into one of the categories listed above and correlate to our ICF Core Coaching Competencies for Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEUs).
- Presentation topics must be of interest to professional coaches, coaches in training and those interested in the coaching profession or hiring a coach (eg. strategic partners such as human resources professionals, leadership professionals, training professionals, etc.).
- Presentations must take the ICF coaching definition, Ethics & Standards and Core Coaching Competencies into account so that the information presented is directly applicable to coaches and coaching.
- Presentation format to include allowing time for reflection and dialog in order to honour multiple learning styles.
- In-Person presentations by our speakers will be a maximum of 2.5 hours, including Q & A.
- Virtual presentations may be 1 to 2 hours in length, and the date and time for scheduling will be confirmed by the
Virtual Program Committee.
- Speaker understands and agrees that the engagement is pro bono (not paid).
- Due to a limited budget, speaker travel or other costs will be at their own expense.
- To maintain the integrity of our meetings, each presentation will contain no self-promotion or sales pitches.
- Speaker will offer 15% discount for any products, services, and events purchased by our members.
- ICF Malaysia member contact information will not be shared with speakers. However, the ICF Malaysia website does list names and information about our professional coach members.
- Speakers may not use the title–Coach–for themselves unless they have received a minimum of 60 hours of ICF-approved coach training.
- Speakers must comply with the ICF Code of Ethics.
- Speakers are required to submit their application sixty (60) days prior to the presentation. Once approved, their information will be posted on the ICF Malaysia website and broadcast via our e-newsletter to promote the presentation.
- A link to the Speaker’s website, biodata, and description of the presentation on the website and in the email invitations.
- Speaker’s presentation information is advertised on the ICF Malaysia website during the month prior to your presentation and archived under past events after your presentation.
- Visibility and exposure to our ICF Malaysia membership and community.
- Opportunity to display any of your books, products, service offerings, business cards and promotion materials in our designated resource space/table for our members to review or purchase.
- If you lead a virtual program via webinar or tele-class, we will mention your offerings, products and services.
- Opportunity to purchase and place an advertisement on the ICF Malaysia website promoting you and your business at 15% discount off prevailing advertising rates.
- ICF Malaysia will select speakers based on the needs of our members, our annual program content and individual merits of the speaker and presentation topic.
To apply to speak at the ICF Malaysia Chapter event, please click here for the Speaker Application Form.