BEYOND BELIEFS: TRANSFORMATIONAL COACHING WITH HEART
Speaker : VICKI ESCUDE, MA, MCC, CH
Date : Friday, December 14, 2018
Time : 9.00am to 10.30am Malaysia Time ( +8 GMT )
Fee : Free for ICF Malaysia Members, RM45 for Non-Members
Platform : Zoom Conference ( get your free zoom app at www.zoom.us )
About This Webinar
My presentation is designed to help you become comfortable moving into deeper areas with your clients for their highest personal and professional growth.
Many coaches play it safe by working on goals and actions because of their discomfort of “going deeper.” Their clients do not get the results they want in a timely manner, as behavioral change alone is not as effective as helping the client change his/her perception first.
This session de-mystifies, normalizes and offers tried and true tools to support the coach to uncover hidden attitudes and beliefs immediately that get in the way of their greater potential and the stretch goals that they want.
How to become a “Mature Coach”
Understanding how and why clients get stuck
Creative strategies for getting clients “unstuck”
Coaching for awareness
Identifying and removing limiting beliefs and negative self-talk
When and how to invite the client to shift limiting beliefs, with HEART
How to identify and support insights
How to notice and respond to the energy of emotional shifts
Biases and beliefs that keep coaches “stuck”
Learning from your client – how coaching increases the coach’s awareness
ICF Core Competencies
Core Competencies 2 – 11 relating to the HEART* Mindset.
2. Establishing the Coaching Agreement—Participants will have examples of coaching engagements and how the outcome of the meeting is established.
3. Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the Client—Participants will learn ways to establish Trust and Intimacy with clients through the HEART process with discussions about the elements of deep rapport and empathy, and how these elements are necessary foundations for sustainable change.
4. Coaching Presence—The presentation will include a discussion of how the coach connects with heart, to “dance in the moment” with the client, access intuition, be in “flow” and support the client to shift perspectives to discover new possibilities.
5. Active Listening— Participants will learn the effectiveness of multi-level listening, listening for limiting beliefs and patterns, and how the use of Active Listening supports the client to move into greater self-awareness. Participants will understand the value of listening for positive forward movement, rather than descriptive stories of the past.
6. Powerful Questioning—The presentation will include a discussion of the power of questioning that supports the client’s enhanced positive energy, forward movement, self- discovery and insight. Participants will understand the value of questions that shift the client toward visioning, rather than justification of past actions.
7. Direct Communication—Participants will learn how to communicate effectively during coaching sessions, and how to use language that has the greatest positive impact on the client through helping the client focus on forward movement and new possibilities. 8. Creating Awareness—Participants will learn indicators of client’s blocks and underlying concerns, and ways to support the client through inquiry around and through those blocks, inviting greater awareness. Coaches will be shown ways to move the client from underlying concerns to new, supportive perceptions leading to new, supportive actions.
9. Designing Actions—Participants will understand the importance of allowing the client to design meaningful actions, and how these actions can emerge spontaneously from and relate directly to the new perceptions and positive decisions made by the client in the coaching process. Coaches will understand the importance of allowing the client to choose actions that demonstrate experimentation.
10. Planning and Goal Setting— Participants will discuss building an effective coaching plan using the HEART approach to coaching. The presentation will have a discussion of how to identify and target early successes of the client, so that the client can tap into strengths as well as the positive energy of previous achievements.
11. Managing Progress and Accountability—Participants will learn the value of having committed actions and accountability as follow-through for the shifts in perception that are supported by the HEART mindset. Participants will also learn that through being aware of and practicing the HEART approach to coaching, the client can develop the ability to make decisions and address key concerns as a life-long practice.
Vicki Escudé, MA, MCC, is the owner of Executive Leadership Coaching and an international pioneer in the coaching profession as an executive coach, coach educator, Master Coach Trainer, keynote speaker and presenter. She is passionate about professional coach education, and has trained hundreds of professional coaches internationally as a faculty member for the University of Texas-Dallas, Success Unlimited Network and as a founder of Strategic Executive Coaching Alliance (SECA).
She's the author of several coaching books, including Beyond Beliefs: Transformational Coaching with HEART* (2017),Personal Mastery (2016), Transformational Leadership (2015), Create Your Day with Intention (4 languages) (2016) and Fast-Track Leader (2012), and a featured author in Philosophy and Practice of Coaching (Wiley, 2010).
Escudé served as an ICF Global Board Director from 2005 to 2008 and was an ICF Charlotte Board Member from 2015 to 2017. She also served ICF Global as a volunteer committee member, IRB member and is an MCC assessor. Escudé was a presenter for “Beyond Beliefs: Transformational Coaching with HEART*” at the ICF Converge17, August, 2017 in Washington, DC. She was nominated for and was a finalist in the 2018 ICF Global “Circle of Distinction,” an award for lifetime contribution to the coaching profession.